Frequently asked questions
- -What is the name of the green guy?
- -Is Lingibli a dictionary?
- -What is Lingibli?
- -How can Lingibli help me when I travel abroad?
- -What Lingibli game can I play with children?
- -How many languages does Lingibli provide for me?
- -How is it possible that I learn 100 words, which make up 50% of all daily conversation?
- -Is Lingibli for free?
- -What do I get for €3.99 / $4.99?
- -Can I use the Lingibli App without printing the Language Page?
- -Can I use Lingibli without having an Android Phone or iPhone?
- -How to use the PDF?
- -Why do I have Notes Space in the app?
- -How can I see the website in other languages?
- -Could you provide me with a download for all Language Pages at once?
- -Can I use the Lingibli app when I am offline?
- -Do you have an App for Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Symbian?
- -Why can’t I hear the pronunciation?
- -Why doesn’t Arabic work on my Android device?
- -I have reinstalled my app and I don’t see my purchases.
No. Lingibli provides you with the 200 useful sentences and phrases which you can learn in no time, to start speaking a foreign language. We don’t give you everything but the most important stuff you need to know. Less effort, more fun.
We believe that the biggest problem why people do not learn foreign languages is that they actually never start or they invest a lot of money into expensive dictionaries or language courses and then they do not know where to start. We think less is more especially when you want to start. Taking the first step with Lingibli is very easy.
Lingibli is a new tool to start learning a language involving all three senses:
• visually (seeing the words, phrases and sentences),
• auditory (getting the correct pronunciation in the foreign language)
• kinesthetic (moving around while you are learning).
With the labels from the free Language Page, you can make a 3-dimensional dictionary out of your home or office – The App is only one part of Lingibli. Lingibli as a whole is showing you an interactive and fun way to start thinking and communicating in a foreign language, in no time, at home and anywhere you go.
When you travel abroad, may it be for holidays or for a business trip, you may encounter language problems, for example when you need to order a meal, ask for directions or find a restroom. Lingibli provides you with the most helpful phrases for all standard situations. Just show the right phrase to the other person or let the App speak for you… and if you are really ambitious, you can try to speak the new language yourself!
Children like to search. Label 20 things in you home, give the phone to a child and let them find these things. You can always see on “words” screen, which and how many things were already found by a child.
We launched with 18 languages and we are constantly working on adding new ones to the list.
Each conversation is a collection of words. A lot of these words repeat over many conversations. There are multiple lists online which list the most frequent words. One of these lists was compiled by Tony Buzan, who is best known for developing the Mind Mapping technique (Tony Buzan, Use Your Memory, BBC Publications, 1984; revised edition, 1992). We have looked at this list of words and spread them across our sentences. In others words: If you use Lingibli sentences we guarantee that you come across these words. If you learn all of the 200 sentences you will learn also all of these 100 words.
The paper Language Page and part of the application is for free. Inside the application, you can buy additional learning content.
The paper Language Page, which includes the TOP 35 phrases, to put into your wallet and 20 labels to put on things in your home or office is for free. You can also download the application for free from the App Store or the Android Marketplace.
Within the application you have free access to the TOP 35 phrases and you can try to scan the words “table” and “door”, see and hear the connected sentences. You can try this in any language combination.
If you’d like to get the full functionality, including the pronunciation of all words, extended example sentences and conversational phrases, you can always buy language packs, which unlock the chosen language combination.
This price includes all the free parts but also a language combination of your choice. For example: You speak English and want to learn German. After purchasing this language combination you can start learning with the English-German language page, scan all words, see and hear all sentences and conversation phrases. If you would like to get all 18 languages (and those that we will add in future) you can purchase these using GET ALL button for €19,99.
Yes. Of course you do not have to print out the language page to use the App. You will find the words from the page also within the App.
Yes. You can use the free language page and label the items in your home and office without having an Android phone or iPhone and start learning the basic words and phrases.
Download the pdf, print and cut it. Put the little Cheat Sheet on the top of the page into your wallet so that you have the Top 35 phrases with you when you need it. Use the 20 squares to label your home or office – turn it into a learning space. Start learning a language without investing any extra time. Have fun
Lot of times your friends abroad tell you a funny sentence which you want to learn. Write it down before you forget it ☺
Just change the user language in the upper right corner of our website to the language of your choice. Alternatively, you can use the following links:
- Arabic / العربية : ابدأ في تعلم لغة جديدة أثناء التجول حول منزلك أو مكتبك
- Catalan / català: Comença a aprendre una nova llengua només passejant-te per casa teva o per la teva oficina
- Czech / čeština: Začni se učit nový jazyk pouze tím, že budeš chodit po svém domě či kanceláři.
- Danish / dansk: Kom i gang med at lære et nyt sprog mens du går rundt i dit eget hjem eller på kontoret
- Dutch / Nederlands: Start met het leren van een nieuwe taal door gewoon rond te lopen bij u thuis of op kantoor
- English: Start learning a new language just by walking around your home or office
- Finnish / suomi: Aloita uuden kielen opiskelu yksinkertaisesti liikkuessasi kotona tai toimistossa.
- French / français: Commence à apprendre une nouvelle langue simplement en te déplaçant dans ta maison ou dans ton bureau
- German / Deutsch: Lerne eine neue Sprache im Vorbeigehen
- Greek / ελληνικά: Ξεκινήστε να μάθαινετε μια νέα γλώσσα απλά περπατώντας μέσα στο σπίτι ή στο γραφείο σας
- Italian / italiano: Inizia ad imparare una nuova lingua in giro per l’ufficio o in casa
- Norwegian / norsk: Begynn å lære et nytt språk ved å bare gå rundt hjemme eller på kontoret
- Polish / polski: Zacznij uczyć się nowego języka odbywając zwykły spacer po domu lub biurze
- Portuguese / português: Comece a aprender um novo idioma simplesmente ao andar pela sua casa ou escritório
- Russian / русский: Начните изучать новый язык во время прогулки возле дома или по дороге в офис
- Slovak / slovenčina: Začni sa učiť nový jazyk len chodením po svojom dome, alebo kancelárii
- Spanish / español: Empieza a aprender un nuevo idioma con sólo pasear alrededor de tu casa u oficina
- Swedish / svenska: Börja lära dig ett nytt språk genom att bara promenera runt hemma eller på kontoret
- Turkish / Türkçe: Sadece evinizin veya ofisinizin içinde dolaşarak yeni bir dil öğrenmeye başlayın
Here you go, all 19 Language Pages with cheat sheets and labels for English to:
Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Greek, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Swedish and Turkish:
Once the language combination is downloaded, you can use it offline.
An internet connection is needed only when downloading new language combinations or sharing on Facebook.
At this point of time we are offering the Apps only for Android phones and iPhone. This might change some time though and we are working on other products to help our users to start using a language… so keep in touch and try out the free Language Page.
Please check whether the loudspeaker of your phone is turned on.
This might be caused by the version of your Android OS on your device.
If you have Android OS 1.6, 2.0 or 2.1, Arabic might not work with your device, because, for those older versions, Arabic is not supported. However, some Android 2.1 phones (e.g. HTC) do have Arabic support because HTC released an update for their phones.The vast majority of Android 2.2 phones supports Arabic.
Android 2.3+ does have native Arabic support.
To restore your purchases after reinstalling Lingibli just buy the same products you purchased before – you will not be charged again.
1. Click the “buy” button for language combinations you have purchased before.
2. You will get a pop-up window that will ask you to buy.
3. Click “buy”.
4. Right after will appear another pop-up window. It will tell you that you have already purchased this item.
5. Click “Ok“ and you have your premium content restored.
Please write us here.